Cost of Attendance
We understand that a Sea|mester experience is a significant investment, so it's important for any prospective student to fully extrapolate the total cost of their attendance prior to submitting an application.
How to Calculate Your Total Tuition
Start by selecting the voyage that interests you the most and noting the Base Tuition that is listed on the right hand side of the specific voyage page.
Sea|mester Base Tuition includes the following:
- Sea|mester academic instruction for the applicable courses offered during that voyage (refer to academics section)
- University of South Florida (USF) academic credit for all academic classes offered during the program.
- Full room and board
- All group excursions, field trips and destination-focused educational experiences
- Non-professional sailing instruction and certification costs
- Non-professional scuba instruction and certification costs for programs longer than 20 days (*During 20-day voyages, optional scuba certifications can be added for a $300 surcharge for Open Water, and $200 for Adv. Open Water. If a student is previously certified and wishes to take part in the available scuba dives, a $100 surcharge applies. PADI required books and materials, as well as professional certification fees are additional for all voyages).
How to Calculate Your Total Cost of Attendance.
In order to estimate your total cost of attendance, students should consider the following:
- Base tuition
- Travel costs to and from the program
- Certain equipment expenses such as foul weather jacket, bibs and boots as well as a mask, fins and snorkel
- Personal spending money
- Required insurance (Divers Alert Network membership estimated at $35)
- Other insurance (Medical and/or Trip Cancellation)
- PADI scuba diving books and materials fee (estimated at $35 per PADI course selected)
- Photocopying cost of certain course materials