Cost of Attendance
Cost of Attendance
We understand that a Sea|mester experience is a significant investment, so it's important for any prospective student to fully extrapolate the total cost of their attendance prior to submitting an application.
How to Calculate Your Total Tuition
Start by selecting the voyage that interests you the most and noting the Base Tuition that is listed on the right hand side of the specific voyage page.
Sea|mester Base Tuition includes the following:
- Sea|mester academic instruction for the applicable courses offered during that voyage (refer to academics section)
- Full room and board
- All group excursions, field trips and destination-focused educational experiences
- Non-professional sailing instruction and certification costs
- Non-professional scuba instruction and certification costs for programs longer than 20 days (*During 20-day voyages, optional scuba certifications can be added for a $300 surcharge for Open Water, and $200 for Adv. Open Water. If a student is previously certified and wishes to take part in the available scuba dives, a $100 surcharge applies. PADI required books and materials, as well as professional certification fees are additional for all voyages).
Sea|mester Base Tuition does not include the optional SCF Credit Package through the State College of Florida (SCF)
While the Sea|mester Base Tuition includes all of the voyage academic instruction and experience, the optional SCF Credit Package through our academic partner, the State College of Florida, is an additional fee. Every academic course taught during a Sea|mester voyage is approved for credit through SCF and about 70% of our college-age students take advantage of this option in order to receive their academic grade reflected on an SCF transcript and/or to facilitate federal financial aid requirements for "full-time" or "part-time" enrollment. Should students select this option, then the cost of the appropriate SCF Credit Package (based on the student's state residency) should be added to the Sea|mester Base Tuition to calculate the total cost of tuition.
The SCF Credit Package rate is based on your state full-time residency status (FL, CT, MI etc.) and the SCF fees are mandated by the State of Florida. Our alumni have hailed from hundreds of schools and colleges nationwide and a large percentage have successfully transferred credit for the academic courses back to their home institution.
That being said, 30% of our students do not opt for an SCF Credit Package. Typical reasons for this might be that they do not need to transfer credit (eg. graduating students), are not able to transfer credit (students with deferred entry to certain colleges) or those who have negotiated credit transfer directly from the Sea|mester transcript. Please refer to the accreditation section of our site for more detailed information on SCF Credit and Credit transfer.
How to Calculate Your Total Cost of Attendance.
In order to estimate your total cost of attendance, students should consider the following:
- Base tuition
- Optional SCF credit package
- Travel costs to and from the program
- Certain equipment expenses such as foul weather jacket, bibs and boots as well as a mask, fins and snorkel
- Personal spending money
- Required insurance (Divers Alert Network membership estimated at $35)
- Other insurance (Medical and/or Trip Cancellation)
- PADI scuba diving books and materials fee (estimated at $35 per PADI course selected)
- Photocopying cost of certain course materials