Location: Les Saintes

Today kicked off like usual. It’s kind of unbelievable to think that we have gone so far, done, and learned so much these last three months, and now we are just three days away from saying goodbye to Argo and its crew. It’s been 86 days full of ups and downs, tough moments, and incredible experiences. Looking back, I would have never imagined for things to go the way they did. And I am happy to say that I am leaving this vessel without any regrets. I took advantage of every possible moment and gave all the energy I had inside of me. Since this is my last blog post, I wanted to share this small message. I could go on for much longer, but it’s time to tell you how awesome our day was. After a yummy breakfast and finishing our everyday cleanup, we immediately got started with our final exam on Oceanography. That took a while, but we all managed to complete it.
We were given the option of doing a fun dive now that most of us were certified divers. For those that decided to pass on this opportunity, the choice of shore-time was available. Free-diving was also an option, given that the dive spot was no more than 35 feet below water. This dive was unique since the spot they chose for us was a ferry wreck. It was purposely sunk many years ago for tourism. For those of us that got to see it, it was a marvelous experience and a very entertaining one. An eel and octopus were among the various different types of species we encountered. After wrapping up with the enjoyable dive, shore time was allowed.
Tonight we are heading to our final destination: Antigua. We are expected to arrive late tomorrow morning. Passage preparation began at around 4’o clock, and by dinner, there was still a lot more to do. This was an especially lasting preparation, given that all the dive gear and tanks had to be stored away. I’m sitting in the saloon now writing this blog post, and people are beginning to get ready for our Marine Biology Fish ID exam, so I guess it is time for me to do my final review. Over and out.