Location: 18 24.01'S 174 53.10'W

Unfortunately, due to changing regulations, we were unable to move Argo to the new bay we had planned for and instead got out of dodge and started our trek to Fiji. I know what you all must be thinking; our lives are very difficult. Especially when a “setback” means spending an extra three days in Fiji – shucks, it was a quick wake-up and turn around as we had to get Argo up from anchor and over to the customs dock early in the morning. Everyone was a little hangry because the move occurred before our breakfast time, but homemade rolls smeared with Nutella regenerated the smiles. The next couple of hours were spent on “Passage Prep” and ensuring our hunk of steel can safely get us from point A (Tonga) to point B (Fiji) 400 nautical miles away while being completely self-sufficient. We slipped off the dock and were quickly on our way before noon.

The waters leading out of Tonga were absolutely stunning, and there were numerous small islands rutting out of the water. Each had the very base of the shore cut away from erosion, which gave them a very unique look. We quickly threw up our boom sails, and we were off sailing in no time. It is quite the sight to see now that everyone is familiar with the boat to see 30 moving bodies in sync pulling and easing, tying, and cleating various lines and sails around the boat. This was also the first day that we successfully raised Argo’s six sails at one time. The last sail, the flying jib, had been hiding in the bilge under the boat, but thanks to some handy work from the PSCT kids earlier in the day, we had everything set to go.

Everyone slowly but surely stretched their sea legs, and I can successfully say that for the first time since departing from Tahiti, no one has gotten seasick on the high seas. (Sorry Sara & Meg if I jinxed it). A couple of us also continued the quest to learn celestial navigation by the famous Jim, and everyone else got settled back into life aboard. Ironically enough, after only a couple of days of being on land, people start to miss the constant light rocking of the boat and the many stars we get to look up at during the night watches. We are all glad to be back on the ocean and will report back with our adventures.

Also, Evan has checked in with me over five times today to make sure this made it in the blog, so Happy Birthday Momma Quinter!
To my own family – I hope you guys are doing well, and you’ll be happy to know that I have taken over the Fontaine Mustache and am currently going 24 days strong.