Location: 1 22.01'M 41 23.11'W

The 12-4 night watch brought the beginning of day 45, marking the halfway point of our voyage. However, it was the last two hours of watch where the situation became interesting. We experienced a very rare and infrequently documented phenomenon that occurs during equatorial ocean crossings known as The Rule of Two.

Two boats spotted at two different aspects off the two beams
Two pairs of binoculars on deck
Two shipmates projectile vomiting from a stomach bug (one of them being me)
Two booms (even though it had been this way for a while)
Two masts
Two people on a boat check
Two people on bow watch
And our watch team leader had two arms

Argo isnt the worst place to get sick. The distance from behind the helm to the leeward side can be swiftly covered in a minimal amount of steps. The safety lines are pretty comfortable to lean over, and there are plenty of shipmates at the ready to clip you into the jack lines as youre booting. Having other shipmates who you know feel just as sick as you prove to be a great bonding experience.

Waking up at noon after night watch, I felt a little better. The rest of the day proved to be quite eventful for just another day on passage to French Guiana. Harrison pulled up a sizable Wahoo utilizing the lasso-technique that we finally seemed to get working. We also were able to put up all the functioning sails on Argo for the first time. Those being the Fishermain, Main Staysail, Forward Staysail, Jib, and Flying Jib. The winds through the Doldrums did not hold for long, but the pleasant tranquility of the main engine shut off is always welcomed. A fish and good winds a day after crossing the equator proved that our sacrifices to Lord Neptune were not in vain. Seamanship and Marine Biology classes followed after lunch as the familiar daily routine rolled on.

It is a peculiar feeling to know that we are halfway through. Time passes in strange ways on Argo. Weeks often feel like days and days feel like weeks.

I am hoping for clear skies and full sails.